Bring Your Business to Oxford!
Are you thinking of bringing your business to Oxford? We are here to help you through the process. Below is a checklist of helpful resources.
Oxford Mainstreet Inc. is here to provide assistance! Please feel free to call their office and schedule an appointment with the Director. He will walk you through the steps necessary to open a business in Downtown Oxford.
Email: Brian Dix email@example.com
Visit: 13 South Third Street, Oxford
Oxford Borough Manager
Contact the Borough Manager – (610) 932-2500 ext. 302
(BEFORE you purchase a property, sign an rental agreement or change the type of business)
Oxford Area Sewer Authority
Contact the Oxford Area Sewer Authority – (610) 932-3493
There is a filing process through the OASA and State Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
Codes Enforcement and HARB
Contact the Codes Enforcement Officer – (610) 932-2500 ext. 307
- Apply for a Use and Occupancy Permit
- Apply for a Building Permit if you are adding to the outside, including signs, awnings, etc.
- Borough of Oxford Historic District Ordinance:
- A Building Permit may trigger a Historical Architectural Review Board (HARB) review – Application
- HARB meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 P.M. (as needed) at Borough Hall (401 Market Street)
- Send Application, supporting documents/photos/drawings to Sherry Andrews (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance of the meeting
- HARB Board:
Sherry Andrews, Chair
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Choose a Business Structure (sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or sub-chapter “s”or”c” corporation, Limited Liability Partnership (LLC), etc.) To form a corporation in the state of Pennsylvania, you must file Articles of Incorporation with the Department of State (form DSCB:1306). Phone: 717-787-1057
Department of State
Register your fictitious name with the Department of State. A fictitious name is any assumed or fictitious name, style or designation other than the proper name of the entity using such a name. The term includes the name of any association, general partnership, business trust, syndicate, joint venture or similar combination of groups of persons. To register, you must file form DSCB:54-311n with the Corporation Bureau of the Department of State. Before or after registering a fictitious name, you will be required to place an advertisement in newspapers of general circulation in Chester County (such as the Daily Local News or Chester County Press), as well as a legal paper in Chester County.
- Borough of Oxford
- Borough Council Members
- Oxford Borough Committee/Commission Meetings
- Click here for more information about being a BID Business.
Business Plan Preparation Assistance
- SBA – US Small Business Administration
- Kutztown University – 610-458-5700
- Service Core of Retired Executives (SCORE) – 610-344-6910
- Chester County Economic Development Council – 610-458-5700