Oxford Hometown Hero Banner Program
The banner program is closed for 2022. We anticipate opening the program up in February for 2023. Check back in early 2023 for further details.
The Hometown Heroes Program was developed to give individuals an opportunity to honor a Veteran. The Veteran is honored by a sponsored banner, which will be publicly displayed in the Borough of Oxford. The banner program is coordinated through the American Legion Roy W. Gibson Post 535.
In order to be considered for a banner, the honoree must meet the following requirements:
1) Served in one of the Military Branches
2) Is a Veteran or currently serving.
Banner Design, Time Frame & Location:
- The banners are double sided, vinyl material and include the service person’s name, branch of service, era of service and photography.
- The banner has a three year window of display. At the end of the three year display period, the banner will be returned to the individual listed as the contact. Should the contact individual wish to replace the banner, the cost of the replacement is the current price of the banner.
- There are a limited number of banner poles in which we are permitted to hang the Hometown Hero Banners.
- Specific display locations cannot be requested and the display locations might change year to year.
- The banners will be hung from approximately Memorial Day thru Veterans Day.
- New banner orders will be on a first come basis when the application is received.
- We have a limited number of banner holders in which to hang banners. If your application is received and we do not have a pole available, you will be contacted.
- We do not keep a waiting list for the following year. You must re-submit an application when ordering opens up (anticipated February 1, 2023)
A high resolution image of Veteran in uniform.
Banner Pricing and Ordering
- Cost: $150
- Due to a minimum order by the manufacturer, we will only be ordering banners once a year (if we meet the minimum order requirement and there are banner poles available)
- Should we have banner poles available for 2023, we anticipate the ordering window February 1 – March 1, 2023.
- Once it is determined the minimum order has been met, we will reach out for payment.
According to the manufacturer of the banners, the life of the banners is 3 years.
Found banners can be returned to the Oxford Area Chamber of Commerce—57B South Third Street, Oxford, PA 19363