Oxford Hometown Hero Banner Program
The Hometown Heroes Program was developed to give individuals an opportunity to honor a Veteran. The Veteran is honored by a sponsored banner, which will be publicly displayed in the Borough of Oxford.
In order to be considered for a banner, the honoree must meet the following requirements:
1) Served in one of the Military Branches
2) Is a Veteran or currently serving.
Banner Design, Time Frame & Location:
- The banners are double sided, vinyl material and include the service person’s name, branch of service, era of service and photography.
- The banner has a three year window of display. At the end of the three year display period, the banner will be returned to the individual listed as the contact. Should the contact individual wish to replace the banner, the cost of the replacement is the current price of the banner.
- There are a limited number of banner poles in which we are permitted to hang the Hometown Hero Banners.
- Specific display locations cannot be requested and the display locations might change year to year.
- The banners will be hung from approximately Memorial Day thru Veterans Day.
- We do not keep a waiting list for the following year.
- A digital high resolution image of Veteran in uniform.
Banner Pricing and Ordering
- Cost: $150
- Due to a minimum order by the manufacturer, we will only be ordering banners once a year (if we meet the minimum order requirement and there are banner poles available)
- New banner orders will be on a first come basis when the application is received. The ordering period will be open on February 1, 2023 and will remain open until our quota of available banners is reached or March 1, 2023.
- A completed order includes the application, hi resolution digital photograph and payment.
To place your order:
- Complete Application (download form below) and Check payable to American Legion Post 535.
- Hi Resolution digital image emailed to CGrove@OxfordPAChamber.org
- Application and payment mailed to Oxford Area Chamber of Commerce PO Box 4 Oxford, PA 19363 or drop off at the OACC office 1 Octoraro Alley Suite A, Oxford, PA (Monday—Thursday 8:30 am—4:30 pm).
- OR complete online application and digital upload and mail check payable to American Legion Post 535 to Oxford Area Chamber of Commerce PO Box 4 Oxford, PA 19363
According to the manufacturer of the banners, the life of the banners is 3 years.
Found banners can be returned to the Oxford Area Chamber of Commerce—1 Octoraro Alley Suite A Oxford, PA 19363
Click on the button below to download the 2023 Hometown Hero Banner Application. Be sure to send your hi resolution digital image to CGrove@OxfordPAChamber.org and send your payment check to the Oxford Area Chamber of Commerce.
For those wishing to submit their application online, please click the button below. You will also upload your digital image in the form provided or it can be emailed to CGrove@OxfordPAChamber.org. Payment to be sent to Oxford Area Chamber of Commerce at PO Box 4 Oxford, PA 19363.